Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why do I create this blog?

I have been a huge fan of Civilization Series since I received with my first PC (Pentium 1, 128Mb RAM, 1Gb HD) an original copy of Civilization 1. After that I'm been playing almost every sequel and expansion that let me contribute to the comunity with the creation of some mods and maps (especially for Civilization 2) that I will post here later. I'm a computer programming, geography, history and economics enthusiastic, so I always dreamt about a game like Civilization.

I remember few years ago that at Civilization Fanatics Center forums I found a post about taking ideas from the fans for Civilization IV creation. I remember apporting myself with some ideas but I never liked the way the ideas were organized and applied to the game. The same thing is happening now when I see the forums for Civ 5 creation, I see a lot of great ideas and new concepts that I want to see in the game, but I think that they are not noticed, organized and properly debated. 

So, I decided to contribute myself in the creation of Civ 5 expressing my ideas, organizing them properly, and creating several lists about different improvements for the game (for example especific ideas about diplomacy, economy, battles, espionage). In Civilization Fanatics we get various threads about Civ 5, and in every thread we get more than 30 pages (with several ideas repeated). Here I found a better space to communicate and debate my proposed improvements.

I think that the fans have the vision and ideas needed to make Civilization 5, and we should decide what's going on in Civ 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment